I need to force a state to calculate tax based on the Origin address, if the state is Destination based, or Destination address, if the state is Origin or mixed sourcing based.
- The sourcing is defined by the state and cannot be changed in the Admin Console
- Some types of sales, for example services, are generally taxed at the destination in an origin based state.
- Mapping item to service tax codes will take this into account
- You may also enter a Taxability Tax Rule to change the sourcing of a specific tax code
- Your connector has the ability to use the tax schedules of AVATAX-POD and AVATAX-POS to force origin or destination sourcing.
Note: Changing the sourcing on a tax code is not recommended and is not a best practice. Avalara will not be responsible for any notices or audits by the state, if you change the tax sourcing.