You want to know how many times you can use the same document code.
- You can use a document code only once per company profile and once per document type, if the document is posted
- You can use the same document code on a Sales Invoice, Returns Invoice, and Purchase Invoice without issue
- You can use the same document code once per each company (View a list of companies on the Organization tab)
- The companies cannot be parent and child
- When no document is posted (Committed), you can use the same number repeatedly, provided that document code is not in use on a transaction (document) that already exists in the admin console
- Duplicate document codes can return a globally unique identifier (GUID)