AvaTaxLocal fails to Get Updates. AvaTaxLocal Log posted an entry similar to:
2014-12-17 09:06:15,799 FATAL AvaTaxLocal - Service failed to start
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Cannot open database "AvaTaxLocal" requested by the login. The login failed.
Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM'.
AvaTaxLocal Version: 188.8.131.52
SQL Management Studio
- Open SQL Server Management Studio as "Administrator"
- Connect to your SQLEXPRESS instance
- Navigate to Security Folder | Server Roles | Logins
- Double click NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM (or what ever your admin login for your AvaTaxLocal system will use).
- The default server role for NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM is set to public by default.
- Check the sysadmin role box.
- Click OK.
- Run the AvaTaxLocal UI again and try Get Updates again.