The issue occurs when the user is trying to release a sales order. The error message states the "This message is for C/AL programmers: Unable to create an instance of Automation Server...". This error occurred in the RTC but not in the Classic environment.
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 R2
- This can be caused by AvaTax not being installed on the server
- To resolve this error:
- Open the avalara based codeunits (14073200, 14073301, 14073310) and correct the Automation Datatypes to point to the correct Automation Avalara_Adapter from 'Unknown'
- Recycle the service on the server.
- Make sure that avatax is installed on ther server.
- make sure you can verify credentials successfully
Note: AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 is sunsetted and no longer supported by Avalara as of April 30, 2016. This existing knowledge base documentation is available to provide known paths to resolution for documented issues. If you are using a version affected by service discontinuation and want to maintain access to Avalara Support, you’ll need to upgrade to the latest version of the integration as soon as possible.