You are doing a batch import process which creates a line in the Admin Console with a prefix of "INV," but when posting, NAV cannot find the transaction and returns the error, "The tax document could not be found."
NAV 2009 SP1
- The solution to fix your current batch problem:
- Turn off tax calculation in the config page. Make sure no one else is posting.
- Run your posting batch process. This should not do a tax calc while posting
- Log in to admin console and Commit the Uncommitted transactions that correlate with the invoices in NAV
- The solution for future batches:
- When running batch import, change code to not calculate tax.
- Then run your batch post process, which will do the tax call
- Review transactions in admin console and make sure they correlate to NAV
- Test this first before moving to your live database.
Note: AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 is sunsetted and no longer supported by Avalara as of April 30, 2016. This existing knowledge base documentation is available to provide known paths to resolution for documented issues. If you are using a version affected by service discontinuation and want to maintain access to Avalara Support, you’ll need to upgrade to the latest version of the integration as soon as possible