You want to map Tax Schedule IDs to multiple states with G/L accounts.
Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013
- Instead of using AVATAX for Tax Schedule ID, you can use AVATAX-M.
- This will allow you to map GL accounts to tax jurisdictions.
- To map, go to AvaTax Config > Tax Calculation tab.
- Change the Tax Schedule ID and then click the GL Account Mapping button.
- Click Country Code and select US.
- To display jurisdictions, click Redisplay.
- This is where you map states to GL accounts.
- Then make sure the customers are set to AVATAX-M for Tax Schedule ID.
Note: you can map the same GL account to multiple jurisdictions.
For more information, read assign AvaTax as the tax calculation method for customers.