Sometimes a tax rate or taxability of an item has changed since the original invoice was issued in GP. In these cases you can enter a Tax Date that will be used for tax calculation purposes, while the transaction date is used for reporting purposes. This means you will see the document in a current month, but use tax information from a previous month.
- Navigate to Sales Transaction Entry (Transactions > Sales > Sales Transaction Entry)
- Open the document in question
- Click a line you want to override and click the Blue Arrow to the right of Item Number in GP
- Navigate to the Additional Menu and select AVA Override Line Details
- Enter the date you wish to be considered for tax purposes in the Tax Date field