You see no tax on your return and when you open it in the AvaTax Admin Console you see a Tax Override date of 11-30-1999 and you want to know why and how to resolve.
Microsoft Dynamics GP
- GP pulls the tax date from the original when you create returns from another transaction in GP, the default date 11/30/1999 is only used if you create the return some other way
- To update the tax date manually in Dynamics GP > open the Return
- Click on one of the lines on the Return
- Click on Sales Item Detail Entry button (blue arrow above the Item Number pointing to the right)
- Click on Additional
- Click on Ava-Tax Override Line Details
- Locate the Tax Date field and enter the desired date
- Follow the above steps for every line on the Return
- Process sales tax and invoicing as normal.