You are trying to open Dynamics GP for the first time after installing AvaTax but the error "Unable to find table" is populating.
- This error message means there was a permission issue when trying to consume the .cnk file when launching GP.
- Avalara places a file called Avalara.cnk in the GP folder when installing and this file creates our dictionaries once GP is launched for the first time.
- If you do not have sufficient permissions to the GP folder, this error will be triggered. See steps below to resolve:
- Open up windows explorer by navigating to the Windows Menu and then clicking "Computer"
- Navigate to the folder that holds your GP folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics\ by default)
- Identify the correct folder for your GP installation and right click it.
- Click the "Security" tab.
- Click the "Edit" button.
- Select "Users (Machine\Users)" from the list.
- Click the box for "Full Control".
- Click "OK" to save the permissions you changed.
- Launch GP again.