You want to know how to upgrade to GP 2015 from a previous version of GP, where Avalara AvaTax was also installed.
Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Download software for Avalara Avatax for GP 2015
- Ensure you have your AvaTax Credentials (Account Number, License Key, URL) before proceeding
- A SQL backup is highly recommended before proceeding to protect against accidental deletion of data.
- Log in to GP as SA
- Take note of your AvaTax configuration settings:
- Go to Tools > Setup > System > AvaTax > Setup
- You will need to reproduce these settings in your new GP version
- Remove the Avalara tables and stored procedures
- Go to Dynamics GP > Maintenance > SQL
- Select the Dynamics database > Select Avatax in product > Highlight all tables on the left > Check the boxes for Drop Tables and Drop AutoProcedures > click Process
- Repeat for each company database, making note of settings for each company
- Exit GP
- Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features
- Uninstall Avalara AvaTax for GP (old version)
- Proceed with the installation instructions below as if this was a fresh installation of Avatax
Note: These instructions should only be followed by a qualified GP administrator. Failure to follow the directions properly could result in lost data in SQL. A SQL backup is highly recommended before proceeding to protect against accidental deletion of data.