You have a customer who is exempt because he has a valid re-sale certificate in Avalara CertCapture for their shipping state, but they have an order that will not be covered by that certificate and it is going to the same location. You want to know how to force the system to collect taxes even though there is a certificate on file for that state.
- Enable Entity Use Codes in your GP configuration
- Go to Tools> Setup> System> Avatax> Entity/Use Codes
- Create a new Entity/Use Code
- Type "TAXABLE"
- Click "Save"
- Use the entity use code "Taxable" on the customer address Maintenance Card in GP
- Run the invoice and the exemption in CertCapture will not be applied.
- Remember to remove the word Taxable from the address card if this was for a single transaction.