You want to know how to apply a ship-from (origin) address to a line in ain Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 so tax will be calculated from the pickup location.
Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012
- Use a line-level ship-to address and select pick up as the delivery method:
- Click Delivery tab > next to Mode of delivery > select a ship-to delivery mode such as Customer pickup
- AX will make the delivery address (the ship-to address) the ship-from address, full instructions including screen shots are below
Follow the usual steps to create a new transaction such as a sales order:
- In the Sales Order pane, on the toolbar in the Show group, click Header view.
- In the Header view pane, under Setup, next to Sales tax group, select AVATAX, and then click Close.
- In the Sales Order pane, on the toolbar in the Show group, click Line view.
- Under Sales order lines, click Add line, and under Item number, select an item.
- Under Site, select a Ship-from address.
- Fill in or select the other details for the line such as Warehouse and Unit Price, and then at the lower left, click Line details.
- In the Line details pane, click the Address tab, and next to Delivery address, select a ship-to address.
- Click the Delivery tab, and next to Mode of delivery, select a ship-to delivery mode such as Customer pickup. AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics AX will make the delivery address (the ship-to address) the ship-from address.
- Click the Setup tab, and next to Sales tax group, select AVATAX.
- On the Microsoft Dynamics AX toolbar, click Totals.
In the View sales order totals dialog box, next to Sales tax, you'll see a sales tax total based on the ship-from address that you selected in the Line details step.