You want to know why Magento is committing transactions in the admin console.
- Magento can create transactions or just calculate, you control how it behaves in the Sales Tax settings in Magento:
- Disable - Disables Avalara Avatax. Will not use Avatax to calculate tax nor commit any transactions
- Enable: calculate tax - Uses Avalara Avatax to calculate tax only.
- Enable: calculate tax, submit data - Uses Avalara Avatax to calculate tax and saves the transaction as an Uncommitted transaction in the Admin Console
- Enable: calculate tax, submit data, commit - Uses Avalara Avatax to calculate tax and saves as Committed transaction in the Admin Console. (Default)
- If you just want to do tax calculations set the option to "Enable: calculate tax".