Across from given Regions in the Liability Worksheet within the Admin Console, there is a filing type listed as 'No registration information provided'. Why is that listed on the line and what does it mean for the filings?
- The Filing Type 'No registration information provided' occurs when Avalara does not have a filing calendar listed for the jurisdiction or tax type you are collecting for the jurisdiction.
- Filings will not be submitted until an updated filing calendar is provided.
- If you do not have a filing calendar setup, you can add one by following by following the steps listed in Use the Avalara Returns Filing Calendar
- If you do have the right filing calendar setup, you may want to review your tax type selections in your Nexus settings as you are collecting a tax type that is not remitted on the tax return.
- If it is set to Sales tax, you will calculate sales tax on all transactions for that state no matter where the product or services originate from.
- If it is set to Sales or Sellers use tax and the origin address is within the same state as the destination, you will calculate Sales tax.
- If it is set to Sales or Sellers use tax and the origin address is outside of the state the destination is in, you will calculate Sellers tax.
- The message only displays if you have transactions for that jurisdiction for that month.
Note: Before any changes are made, please confirm with the jurisdiction's Department of Revenue what tax type you should be collecting and what form you should be remitting those taxes on.