You want to know how to create an an annual filing calendar for a state that requires a Fiscal Annual frequency or non-standard filing dates.
- Enter your filing calendar in AvaTax.
- Go to Tax Returns > Filing Calendars
- For the Filing Frequency, select Annual and the earliest start day you can, usually Jan - December
- Add a note at the bottom of the calendar stating that the return is Fiscal Annual or list the filing period
- For example, Fiscal Annual would be July of the current year through June of the next year (July 2017 - June 2018)
- Send a case to email@example.com or contact Avalara Support
- Include the Account Number, Company Code, and Filing Calendar Name
Note: Importing all transactions from prior months is REQUIRED for them to be included in the annual return.