When Testing the connection for the Avatax Configuration in Sage 300 it results in the "Error Message: 429 ActiveX component can't create object"
There are a two methods to get the file registered:
- In the AvaTax runtime folder (usually in C:\Program Files\Avalara\), there are two batch (.bat) files named "register_for_com.bat" and "Reg.bat". Double click both files to register the needed files. Please note that in Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008, you must right click on the file name and select Run as Administrator
- Locate in the AvaTax runtime folder (usually in C:\Program Files\Avalara\), "AvaSageAccpac.dll". Right click this file and select "Open with...". Select the program "Regsvr32.exe" (located in C:\Windows\System32\) to run the file. A message stating the registration was successful displays. If you do not get this message, you may need to have a system administrator register the file for you.
- A .dll file must be registered if you are getting an ActiveX error when you test your connection with your credentials.
- AvaSageAccpac.dll needs to be registered with regsvr32.exe
- Avalara.AvaTax.Adapter.dll needs to be registered with RegAsm.exe found in Microsoft .NET 2.0 framework.