When trying to process transactions in the error list of QuickBooks it results in the message "Tax could not be calculated: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow".
- Make sure you are in single user mode
- Close out of QuickBooks
- Open up the tax manager
- In the processes tab close everything that starts with QB
- Locate the Avalara Folder inside your company folder
- Open the "Companyname_errorlist" with Notepad
- Delete Everything in Between <Errorlist> and </Errorlist>
This error occurs on the error list when the transaction in question was moved to the error list with no tax but then had tax calculated on the transaction without processing it through the error list.