You need to add a state to an existing exemption certificate in the admin console.
- Go to Organization > click icon under Exemption
- Pull up the certificate (search by customer name, customer code, or certificate ID)
- Review: Is the Applied checkbox (on the far right) checked?
- If so > Open certificate > click Revoke and Copy
- If not > Open Certificate > click Edit
- Under "Certificate Information" click the green + Add button > add the state, filling all fields > click the green + Save button
- Repeat until every state is completed
- Click Save at bottom
Note: If error appears when clicking save, you can remove the state where the exemption would not apply or change the exemption reason.