You've created a custom user role and want to set that as the default role for new or existing users.
Custom user roles can't be set as a default role. They must be assigned per company.
In CertCapture, custom user roles are specific to the company where they're created. This limitation prevents permission issues that occur if a user is added to another company or account where that custom user role doesn't exist.
To assign a custom user role on the company level:
- Create the user if you haven't already, and assign them one of CertCapture's usual user roles.
- Go to Settings > Account Settings > Manage Users
- Find your user in the list and click Assign Companies in the Actions column.
- Check the companies your user should have access to. Select the custom role from the drop-down menu to the right.
- When finished, click the Update Company Assignments button. The user now has your custom user role in the companies you assigned them to.