You see that a customer/vendor code is required, but are not sure what should be used for that value.
- CustomerCode is the code used by your accounting, ERP, e-commerce, m-commerce, POS application and/or customer relationship management (CRM) to identify a customer (e.g. customer ID, customer number, etc.)
- A Customer Code can include any text and can be up to 50 characters long
- Most Avalara customers use the customer ID, name, or email address as the customer code
- Use the same customer or vendor code as used in your accounting and/or CRM system to enable easy reconciliation between systems
- IMPORTANT: The character limit for the CustomerCode field is 50