You are sending certificate requests and want to know how the customer will see the states based on your nexus and ship to state selection.
- A mailing campaign only sends requests for regions which are both selected in Nexus and a ShipTo state on the customer record
- A single request can be sent for any region selected or not selected in Nexus or as a ShipTo state
- A customer can supply certificates for all ShipTo states in the Web Portal, even if those states are not selected in nexus
- In CertExpress the customer sees a missing / invalid reason for each region where no valid certificate exists, based on your Nexus selection:
- NON-NEXUS: MISSING CERT
- NON-NEXUS: INVALID CERT
- EXPOSURE: MISSING CERT
- EXPOSURE: INVALID CERT
- However they only see a state, if it is listed as a ShipTo state on the customer record.
Note: We recommend selecting Nexus where you want to collect certificates and adding a ShipTo for states where you ship a particular customer's purchases within Nexus.