Skip to main content
Avalara Help Center

Why do I need to give MyLodgeTax a Power of Attorney?


You would like to know why we request a Power of Attorney in order to set up your MyLodgeTax account.




  • The Power of Attorney we ask for is a limited POA that only gives us the authority to discuss, file, and pay your Lodging and/or Sales Tax with the state and local tax jurisdictions. It does not give our company authority on any other tax type or any other matters. This is a form required by the tax jurisdictions, therefore we ask our customers for it. This form allows our team to apply for your tax accounts, file your returns, and correspond directly with the tax jurisdiction so you don’t have to get involved.

  • Was this article helpful?