Avalara MyLodgeTax customers in select tax jurisdictions can now link their MyLodgeTax account to Vrbo so bookings and revenue data for your property will be automatically synced each month. We’re rolling this functionality out in new tax jurisdictions each month and you’ll receive a notification from Vrbo when your property is eligible to be connected.
Please note, you will need to make sure that the email you use for Avalara MyLodgeTax matches the email that is setup on your Vrbo account. This can be done by logging into your MyLodgeTax account, clicking on your Profile, selecting Phone and Email and adding your Vrbo email address as your primary email address into the MyLodgeTax system.
- Begin in your Vrbo account, in the Taxes section, and choose "Collect, file, and pay my taxes for me" and then click Go to MyLodgeTax.
- In MyLodgeTax, on the MyLodgeTax Marketplace Account Link page, your Vrbo property (confirmed by your Vrbo account number) will display and the MyLodgeTax Property will say "Not Linked".
- Select the orange "Link" button.
- In the pop-up screen, click on the drop-down to find the correct property address within your MyLodgeTax account.
- Once this property is correctly selected, click the orange "Connect" button.
- After a few short seconds, your Vrbo property and your MyLodgeTax account will show that as successfully linked.
NOTE: Linking your Vrbo and MyLodgeTax accounts must be done from within your Vrbo dashboard. Watch the video below to find the Tax Settings page within your Vrbo account.
Please see the Vrbo Integration FAQ page if you have any additional questions about the Vrbo Integration feature.