Instructions for reporting revenue for Pro customers in Avalara MyLodgeTax.
To report revenue, follow the instructions:
- Log onto your MyLodgeTax account at www.mylodgetax.com
- From Taxes, click Report revenue to open the Upload revenue page.
- From the Upload revenue page, click Rental revenue template to download the spreadsheet template.
- Open the downloaded spreadsheet template file in Microsoft Excel.
- Click Enable Editing to populate the file with your revenue data.
You should at least populate PropertyID, PropertyName, Marketplace, and RentalRevenue columns.
- Save the updated spreadsheet template file.
Note: If you require additional information on the requirements of revenue data upload, click here.
- On the Upload revenue page, click Choose file to browse the updated file or drag and drop the updated file in the designated area.
- Once the file is uploaded successfully, the file name is displayed and the Next button is enabled.
- Click Next to open the Review revenue page displaying the revenue data.
- Click Expand all to view the details for each property.
You can filter a property using Property ID, Property name, or Jurisdiction.
- Enter a property ID in the Property ID field and click Apply to view the property details.
- Optionally, you can change the Rental revenue details. In the below example, the revenue is changed from 1000 to 5000.
- Optionally, check Revenue Includes Tax, If the revenue amount you entered includes the tax collected from your guest.
- Click Save to save the revenue details.
- Click Next. The Tax summary page opens with the tax details.
- On the Tax summary page, review and verify the tax details.
- Click Pay now. This initiates a withdrawal from your bank account.
- Funds are withdrawn from your bank account within three business days.
- A receipt is emailed to you with the details of your tax payment for the period.
Note: If you don’t click Pay now, your revenue is not submitted. You can leave your reporting page in saved status and return to complete reporting at a later date. Any saved revenue details are automatically submitted at 5 pm Mountain Time on the 10th of the month and funds, if any, are withdrawn from your bank account within three business days.