You would like to know what happens after you sign up for a MyLodgeTax subscription.
- Once you sign up for our service, our Tax Research team begins investigating the taxes that you should charge your guests based on your property's location. Usually within 3 business days, we will assign those tax rates to your property and email you a Tax Rate letter that details your tax rate, filing frequency, start date, reporting deadlines, and license requirements.
- Next, our Licensing department will review the license requirements and begin the application process with the appropriate tax jurisdictions. We may need additional information from you at this point, so please be sure to check your email and respond within the given timeframe.
- Once the application(s) have been completed, your property will become active in our system and you will be able to report your revenue into your MyLodgeTax account by your 1st reporting period as indicated on your Tax Rate letter.
- At the beginning of each reporting period, you will receive an email from MyLodgeTaxSupport@avalara.com that reminds you to log in and report your revenue for the period. We send this reminder out every other day from the 1st through the 10th of each period. Once you report, you will no longer receive the reminder that month.
- You will have until the 10th of the month to report your revenue for the previous month/quarter. If you have a tax return that is due by the 10th of the month, you will only have until the 5th to report your revenue. The reminder email will indicate your reporting deadline. If you haven't reported your revenue to us by the 10th, we will report $0 revenue for you and file a $0 return. The taxing authorities require a return be filed even if you have no revenue to report.
- When you report your revenue into our system, you initiate charge to your bank account for your taxes and our fees. These taxes and fees will be withdrawn from your bank account within three banking days. Our system will also email you a detailed receipt of the amount that will be debited from your account
- You may view a summary of your receipts at any time by hovering over "Taxes" and clicking on "Payment History" in the drop-down menu. You can click on any "Confirmation Number" to see the detailed receipt that was previously emailed to you.
- You may view a summary of the revenue that you've reported to us by hovering over "Taxes" and clicking on "Tax History" in the drop-down menu. Click on the property that you want to review (you may have to change the "Year" and "Property" in the drop-down menu). You may click on any period on the "Tax Period Detail" page to see how your taxes were calculated.
- When we receive any licenses/certificates that we applied for on your behalf we will send those to your mailing address, so please be sure to keep that address current on your MyLodgeTax webpage.