Instructions for reporting exempt revenue in Avalara MyLodgeTax.
To report exempt revenue during the open reporting period, follow these instructions:
- Log onto your MyLodgeTax account at www.mylodgetax.com
- From Taxes, click Report revenue to open the Report Revenue page.
- On the Report Revenue page, turn the toggle button on for Show Exempt Revenue.
The columns for Exempt Nights and Exempt Revenue are displayed.
- In Nights Rented, enter the total number of nights rented (both taxable and exempt nights).
- In Rental Revenue, enter the total revenue (both taxable and exempt revenue).
- In Exempt Nights, enter the number of exempt nights.
- In Exempt Revenue, enter the exempt revenue value.
Taxable Revenue is calculated as Rental Revenue minus Exempt Revenue.
- Click Save to save the revenue details. The Tax Summary page opens.
- On the Tax Summary page, review and verify the tax details.
If there is any discrepancy, go to the Review revenue page and rectify the details.
- Click Pay now. This initiates a withdrawal from your bank account.
If you don’t click Pay now, your revenue is not submitted. You can leave your reporting page in saved status and return to complete reporting at a later date. Any saved revenue details are automatically be submitted at 5pm Mountain Time on 10th of the month and funds, if any, are withdrawn from your bank account within three business days.
Note: Once you turn the toggle button on for Show Exempt Revenue the Revenue includes tax checkbox is disabled. If you are reporting exempt revenue, you are required to report total taxable revenue.