How to find, prepare for, and test tax holiday rates.
Look up tax holidays
- We're tracking participating states and qualifying items over at the Avalara blog, including links to each state's Department of Revenue for when you have questions.
- To view the taxable status for specific tax codes, check our rates and rules page. Use the blank box above the State column to filter for your state by its two letter abbreviation (Ex: FL).
Check your setup
- Make sure your company locations are up to date
- If your company has set up custom tax rules in the past, check your custom tax rules (or change them as needed) in case a qualifying tax code is set to another rate
Test tax holiday calculations ahead of time
- Execute a future date transaction in your local environment to verify an item impacted by a tax holiday has the right taxability
- For example, future date a transaction for a valid holiday date in the month of August
- Use AvaTax's built-in Tax Calculator to check rates on a specific tax date
- Contact Avalara Support if you run into any issues related to sales tax holidays.