You would like to know how to do a rate look up or confirm the tax jurisdictions for an address.
Avalara AvaTax Update
Avalara uses the latest information available from states and territories to determine accurate tax rates. When you're uncertain about tax rates in a given jurisdiction, contact your state's Department of Revenue.
- Find the address on our tax rate map.
- Create a test transaction in AvaTax using the address in the Tax Calculator (Calculator for AvaTax Admin Console or Calculator for AvaTax Update)
- Look up state rates with your state's Department of Revenue
- Below are all the links that we currently have that will help you determine the rate of a given jurisdiction or address.
- This is NOT a comprehensive list. States change their sites frequently and some only offer rates for local jurisdictions.
- Canada GST/HST (The calculator will show a full rate for GST, PST and/or HST. The table only shows if the jurisdiction has GST or HST. It does NOT include PST.)
- Colorado - (CO provides two third-party tools)
- New York - (Requires a security code before access)
- New Mexico
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Utah - (Under For Business > Lookup Sales Tax Rates)
- West Virginia
Note: Some state sites don't allow duplicate tabs. These sites will display "It appears you have duplicated a browser tab or window, or re-opened a closed tab. For security, this is not allowed. To continue working, close this window and return to the original, or click below to start over."