When you review your transactions in the Admin Console, you notice one or more transactions with a DocCode similar to this example: 21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D
- The DocCode is a client-side provided internal reference code, which commonly represents a quote, purchase or invoice number.
- The DocCode should be a unique identifier that will not be a duplicate of other Document Codes saved on the client's AvaTax database.
- When the DocCode property is not populated, a GUID, or Globally Unique identifier, will display as a 32-character hexadecimal string is passed in its place.
- For example: 21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D
- It is a recommended best practice to populate the DocCode, to avoid complex document tracking within the AvaTax Admin Console.
- A DocCode that is sent more than 150 times in an 8 hour period will be blocked from submission and will return a GUID.