I need to make some exceptions for specific exempt customers to be taxable for certain items.
This will require creating custom rules for each item you would like to be taxable for your exempt customer.
- Click Organization>Tax Rules
- Click New
- Click the state you would like the rule to apply to.
- Name your rule.
- Choose Rule Type Exempt Entity
- Choose Sales and Seller's use
- Select the entity use code you would like the rule to affect (G for resale for example) or type in your custom code
- Exempt set to No
- Type in the tax code for the item you would like to be taxable for these exempt customers.
- Choose a start date and end date.
- Click Finish.=
- This Entity use code and any customer with an Avalara system exemption with that reason will now be taxing any item mapped to that tax code in the area the rule is active.