You would like to create a custom Entity Use Code or change the functionality of a current Entity Use Code
- Custom rules can be created to change the function of an entity use code
- Click Organization > Tax Rules
- Click new and choose where you want the rule to apply
- Click rule type and select Exempt Entity
- Choose the Entity use code to make a rule for, and a tax code if necessary
- To create a custom Entity Use Code, instead of selecting a code from the drop down list, click in the Entity Use Code field on a Tax Rule or in a transaction and type.
- This will create the custom Entity Use Code, but you will need to add tax rules for this code, unless you want the custom code to be fully taxable