You want to create one rule to make all counties taxable in the same way for a particular tax code in a particular state.
- Use a tax rule import to create a rule changing a feature in all counties
- See Add Tax Rules for full details on creating a tax rule
- Use TaxRuleTypeID 4 (make the tax code taxable or nontaxable) in column C:
C TaxRuleTypeId Integer Required
0 = Excise tax
1 = Rate override rule
2 = Base override rule
3 = Entity use rule
4 = Product taxability rule
- Taxability shows the item as taxable or non-taxable, but does not change the rate
- Alternatively you can use a Rate rule to change the rate
- Both can have the same $0.00 result, if you want tax to be charged, but at a different rate, use a Rate override rule
- Most customers choose Taxability because they want no tax to be charged, and they do not want to change the rate
- Use juriscode * in column H:
H JurisCode Text (10) Required
A mandatory field if you want to create a tax rule.
An asterisk (*) indicates that it applies to all the jurisdictions of the type specified by JurisTypeId
Example: For a state-level rule, the state JurisCode is required and applies to all the instances of that level in the state.
For a county-level rule, the county JurisCode is required.
- Ensure it applies to only the county jurisdictions by leaving the default 0 in column J
J IsAllJuris Boolean Optional 0 = The tax rule only applies to the identified jurisdiction (column G). This is the default.