You want to create one rule to make all counties, cities, or STJ have the same tax rate in a particular state.
- Option 1: Create your Rate Override or Product Taxability rule in the Admin Console.
- Contact Technical Support and ask to have IsAllJuris added to the rule.
- Option 2: Use the Tax Rule Import spreadsheet to create a rule changing a feature in all counties, cities, or STJ.
- See Add Tax Rules for full details on creating a tax rule.
- Use TaxRuleTypeID 1, to change the rate, or 4, to change the taxability, in column C:
C TaxRuleTypeId Integer Required
0 = Excise tax
1 = Rate override rule
2 = Base override rule
3 = Entity use rule
4 = Product taxability rule
- Tax rate shows the item as taxable, but taxed at a special rate you enter.
- Changing the taxability would show the item as taxable or non-taxable, but does not change the rate.
- Both can have the same $0.00 result, but a Product Taxability rule is the better option if you want no tax to calculate.
- Use JurisCode * in column H:
H JurisCode Text (10) Required
A mandatory field if you want to create a tax rule.
An asterisk (*) indicates that it applies to all the jurisdictions of the type specified by JurisTypeId.
Example: For a state-level rule, the state JurisCode is required and applies to all the instances of that level in the state. For a county-level rule, the county JurisCode is required.
- Ensure it applies to only the county jurisdictions by leaving the default 0 in column J
J IsAllJuris Boolean Optional 0 = The tax rule only applies to the identified jurisdiction (column G). This is the default.