Nexus for Madison County Alabama was listed as compulsory from 7/1/2014 - 8/8/2014, but should have been selectable, as it is self-administered. You do not have the obligation to collect tax in Madison county, Alabama, and want to know how to adjust the transactions that included the tax.
- Use the export report Document Lines to find all transactions calculated with Madison County Alabama tax (filter by Jurisdiction Name).
- Recalculate tax on the transactions:
- Go to Transactions > Search for them by document code > Open and click Edit > Calculate > Select Adjustment Reason > Save as Committed.
- Via Transaction Import:
- Format the transaction data for import using the Transaction Import Template and upload the updated transactions.
- Go To Transactions > Import > follow prompts.
Note: Recalculation of tax on these transactions will result in the tax applied in Madison county Alabama to be removed from the sales. We recommend preserving the data by saving the report, so that refund information can be obtained for customers who were charged tax erroneously.