Learn how to create a support case through the Avalara Help Center. As cases come in, our support team prioritizes them depending on their urgency.
If you have AvaTax or Managed Returns, submit a support case through your AvaTax account instead.
Before you begin
Have these things with you—the email address you use to sign in to Avalara and the name of the company where the issue occurs.
- In the Avalara Help Center, navigate to the bottom of the page and select Submit a Case.
- Enter your support case details. NOTE: You will be able to attach supporting documents (screenshots, etc.) at the end of the submit a case process.
- Select which product you're using from the drop-down menu.
- If prompted, select what you need help with from the drop-down menu.
- Enter a brief summary of the issue you're experiencing.
- In the Description field, enter a detailed description of the issue you're experiencing.
NOTE: As you type, a list of articles related to your issue appears on the right side of the page that may help resolve your issue.
- Enter your name.
- Enter your email address.
- Select Continue.
- Review the support case information. If it looks correct, select Next to create the support case.
The support case creation page opens, and includes your support case number.
- Optional: Attach files to the support case:
- Select Upload Files. The Open Files menu opens.
- Find the file you want to attach, then select Open. The Upload Files confirmation pop-up opens.
- Select Done.
Your support case has now been created. Our support team will reach out to you shortly via email to assist with your issue.