You are on this page because you:
- Have upgraded to Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.2. or
- Are unsure of which version of TLS you are running and
- Don't have a sandbox account.
As Avalara continues to improve our security protocols to meet industry standards, we will no longer support TLS 1.0 and 1.1 in our REST v2 API as of March 31, 2022.
Before continuing, please make sure you do not already have an active sandbox account.
If you do not have a sandbox account to test with, you can request credentials to a sandbox to test with by submitting a case to support. (See To submit a case below.) Please note this case will be used only to request access to a sandbox. The case will be unmonitored and closed once credentials are sent to you. The sandbox account will be created for the person requesting the testing environment.
Things to note
- Remember to copy and save your license key; you will need to reenter it after you complete testing. If you forget this step, refer to this Help article.
- If you connect and see no errors, you have connected successfully. If you get an error message, you will need to work with your IT team and your hosting ERP to upgrade to TLS 1.2 compliance.
To submit a case
- Please copy and paste the information below into your case:
- Case Subject line: TLS Sandbox – ‘Company Name’
- Case Description: Please grant me access to an Avalara Sandbox for testing verification of TLS 1.2. I understand access to the sandbox will be terminated on March 31, 2022.
- Submit a case here.
You can expect to receive the credentials within 24 hours.Please begin testing on February 2, 2022 if you are using Avalara's universal sandbox account. Please test early; prior to March 31, 2022.