You want to know what type of security Avalara provides for your company's data and funds.
Returns for Communications
- Your company’s data is stored on a secured server for archival purposes. A copy of the data is provided to the tax compliance department to process. Daily backups are made as the work progresses.
- At the end of the month, reports are available in the Avalara Communications Portal. This information helps you reconcile the amount collected during the month with the amount paid plus the amount held.
- Avalara conducts an SSAE18 SOC 1 Type 2 audit, which covers the AvaTax for Communications environment and the Returns for Communications environment. Copies of these reports can be requested by current customers or by prospects who have signed a non-disclosure agreement.
- Current customers - Request audit reports from your Customer Account Manager (CAM).
- Prospective customers - Request audit reports from your Sales Representative.