I would like to collect 8% in Alabama per the Simplified Sellers Use Tax Remittance Act effective October 1, 2015. More information can be found on Avalara's blog.
Setting up AvaTax for accurate calculation
Set up AvaTax to calculate the flat 8% Simplified Sellers Use Tax (SSUT) rate.
If you calculated tax on any transactions before you made this change, you'll need to recalculate tax on the transactions. This will update the state rate to 8% and remove any localities that previously were used in calculation. Please note this may change the amount of tax that was originally calculated on the transaction
If you are registered as a Simplified Sellers Use Tax filer
Once the above changes have been made, please add the AL 2630 Simplified Sellers Use Tax form to your scheduled returns in AvaTax.
- You will need:
- E-file credentials needed to log into the state electronically file your return
- Filing frequency
- Your Alabama registration number/account number
- Your company EIN/FEIN
- Effective Date for the first period you would like the form filed on
You have not yet registered as a Simplified Sellers Use Tax filer
If you have not yet registered, please contact the Alabama Department of Revenue for more information.
- This program requires an application to be submitted and approved by the Alabama Department of Revenue before utilizing its benefits.
- You can also review specific Simplified Sellers Use Tax Remittance Act information at the Alabama website Simplified Sellers Use Tax (SSUT).