You want information about the AvaTax upgrade on November 9, 2018.
- Why is the Avalara site down for maintenance?
The AvaTax service will be upgraded, improving performance and system reliability.
- What is the date, time and duration of the maintenance?
During the two-hour maintenance window, the AvaTax Service is expected to be down for 3-5 minutes.
See your time zone below:
Friday, November 9 or Saturday, November 10 (depending on time zone)
- 9pm - 11pm (US Pacific time)
- 10pm - 12am (US Mountain time)
- 11pm - 1am (US Central time) - Friday/Saturday
- 12am - 2am (US Eastern time) - Saturday
- 4am - 6am (GMT) - Saturday
- What happens if my customer or I try to calculate tax during this time?
Depending on your integration and development the following could occur:
- You or your customer may get an error message when trying to calculate
- Your system may queue the invoice and retry after a certain amount of time (development completed by your team)
- Your system may revert to a manual rate when it is unable to call AvaTax successfully (a fail-over process your company may have elected to implement)
- What are my options to handle customers if my system tries to call out to AvaTax during the 3-5 minutes of the maintenance window?
Below are suggestions, but please note that this is a business decision made by your company.
- No action - you are expecting low-to-no calls out to AvaTax during this time
- Add a message (during the maintenance hours) to your site similar to: We are upgrading our system at this time. Should you receive an error, please wait a few minutes and try placing your order again. We apologize for any inconvenience.