You received a notice from Hawaii stating that they are upgrading their tax information software, and would like to know what is needed from you in order for Avalara to file accurately for you.
The Department of Revenue for Hawaii will be issuing new tax ID numbers for each registered company.
Please update your filing calendar with the new tax ID number once you receive it.
- Go to the Admin Console > Filing Calendar (https://admin-avatax.avalara.net/AvaTax/Returns/FilingCalendar.aspx)
- Go to Active Filing Calendars (at the bottom) and pull up your existing Hawaii form
- Click the Edit icon at the end
- Enter your new Hawaii Tax ID number and click Save
- You may need to add this number without the dashes