You have received a notice from a jurisdiction that your sales or use tax return needs to be filed and paid electronically and would like to know what needs to be done so Avalara can file accurately.
- Please update your filing calendar with the new information required to file the tax return electronically.
- Go to the Admin Console > Filing Calendar (https://admin-avatax.avalara.net/AvaTax/Returns/FilingCalendar.aspx)
- Go to Active Filing Calendars (at the bottom) and pull up your existing form
- Click the Edit icon at the end
- Select Electronic from the Filing Method drop down
- Fill in your username and password
- Click Save
Note: Some jurisdictions to not require a username, password or both. To confirm what your e-file information is, please reach out to the taxing jurisdiction. If they state that a username and/or password is not required, please put NONE in the field that is not required.