You have invoiced a customer who is not exempt in the state they reside in, but tax is not being calculated.
- When a customer is not being taxed in a certain state, there are several things you want to check:
- Make sure Nexus is turned on for that state, and that its effective date is prior to the date of the tranasction
- Check to see if the tax code(s) being used is taxable in that state
- Verify that the customer did not come over with any text in the "Exemption Number" field
- Verify that the ship to address is in a State that charges sales tax.
Note: If none of the above are an issue, please contact Avalara support via chat or firstname.lastname@example.org