You have two invoices that have the same date, same destination and origin address, and the same customer, but the tax rates on each invoice is different.
- It is not possible to have two identical invoices completed with the same account settings result in different tax, compare the invoices side by side in the Admin Console:
- Are the tax codes the same?
- Does one invoice list an exemption?
- Does one invoice have a different Tax Calculation date?
- Is one item value much higher or lower than the others (Some states such as FL and TN have different rates based on price)?
- Are the Origin and Destination Addresses the same on both invoices?
- Finally, click Edit on one invoice > Calculate and see if the tax rate changes.
- If someone changed Nexus or item mapping after the first invoice was processed, the tax results could be different.