There are discrepancies caused by the difference between the filing calendar and nexus settings regarding use tax returns.
- If your filing calendar is set to file a tax return including Vendor's Use tax, then your nexus must reflect Sellers Use Tax
- For example the MO 53-V form would require Sales or Sellers Use tax selected in Nexus
- In the Admin Console go to Organization > by Company name click blue 'J' under Nexus > click Select Jurisdictions by United States
- In 'Tax Type' column select Sales or Sellers Use > Save
- In the above example, you would update the Tax Type for Missouri
Note: If Nexus is correct, change your filing calendar to reflect the Sales Tax Return instead, following this process: