You see there are returns set to be filed, but the amount due is $0.
- Avalara files returns based on the Form and Frequency you request, but they only have a value if there are actually sales in that region in the period being filed
- Go to Transactions > filter to see transactions for the date range of the return in that region
- Make adjustments if needed, if the sales are incorrect, or add if transactions are missing
- Commit any transactions which should be in the return, but are Void or Uncommitted
- Any credits which are over the value of sales will be held until the next return and applied if that next return value is large enough.
- If the transactions have been committed and the return still shows zero amount due please confirm that the tax type being collected and the tax on the return match
- If you are collecting Sales tax but remitting on a Seller's use tax return you should see month sales but zero amount due on the liability worksheet.
- Please confirm whether you should be collecting Sales tax or Seller's use tax
- This will be displayed on your business license with the state
- Ensure you have submitted the correct return(s) in the Filing Calendar
- More than one return may be necessary as some states have different returns for Sales, Sellers Use and Consumer Use.
- If you confirmed you're supposed to be collecting a different tax type please update this information in your admin console.
- Once the tax type has been updated you will need to Recalculate your invoices