While installing AvaTax, "Error 1904.Module Drive:\\pathway\AvalaraEventCallBack.exe failed to register" populated.
- This is a Microsoft Windows error usually caused by the installation not being ran as administrator.
- This can also be caused if you are trying to install the connector on a Server that doesn't have the actual QuickBooks exe installed on it.
- Double check that QuickBooks exe is installed on the server before installing Avalara Avatax.
- If you only have QuickBooks Database manager this will not work, you must install the actual QuickBooks exe as well.
- Once you click "OK" on the error, the installation will say that it was successfully completed.
- Next, locate "Subscribe.exe" in the pathway listed in the error
- Right Click
- Select "Run as Administrator"
- Run QuickBooks as Administrator
- Navigate to AvaTax Configuration (File>AvaTax>Configuration)
- Select "Test Connection"