Customer is trying to post a sales invoice or order. However this error message appears, "Tax document not found," and the document cannot be posted.
Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- Make sure that the field Tax Calculation Type in all tax posting groups is set to "Sales Tax"
- Financial Management > Setup > Tax Posting Group > Posting Setup
- Go to Financial Management > Setup > Sales Tax > Tax Details
- Also make sure the invoice or order is a full shipment
- Partial shipments can produce this error
- If the transaction was originally Voided and then reopened, you will need to delete the transaction and recreate it
- When you void a transaction in NAV, it records that the transaction ID has been voided in four tables: AVA_Header, AVA_Line, AVA_juris, and AVA_detail. Once you reopen the transaction, these tables are not automatically updated.
- The best practice and recommended way to handle these transactions is to leave the original transaction as voided and rebill using a new transaction number.
- If you do not want to follow this process, you may uncheck Tax Liable and then manually enter the transaction to the Admin Console.
- This issue may happen after you update the AvaTax bundle
- When you update AvaTax for Dynamics NAV, the AVA tables are cleared
- To resolve the error, you will need to remove all data for the transaction in the following tables: AVA_Header, AVA_Line, AVA_juris, and AVA_detail
Note: AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 is sunsetted and no longer supported by Avalara as of April 30, 2016. This existing knowledge base documentation is available to provide known paths to resolution for documented issues. If you are using a version affected by service discontinuation and want to maintain access to Avalara Support, you’ll need to upgrade to the latest version of the integration as soon as possible