Skip to main content
Avalara Help Center

What type of form should I load for a government exempt entity in CertCapture?


You have a government agency who has claimed a tax exemption, but there is not a specific form in the forms database for their entity type, you want to know what form you should use to load their exemption in CertCapture.


Avalara CertCapture


  • Depending on the state there may be a form available (currently Alabama Government and Public School, Utah State Tax Commission Exemption Certificate for Governments & Schools, and Virginia Government Certificate)
  • Most of our clients utilize the letter provided by the exempt government agency which describes their exemption, provided it fits the guidelines as outlined by the state