You have an address that AvaTax is calculating at a rate or jurisdiction that you don't agree with, and would like to know how to fix it.
- There are several factors to check when it comes to an address that may be taxing incorrectly:
- Check that your Nexus is set up correctly -- are you receiving a Sellers Use Tax rate instead of a Sales Tax rate?
- Check that the tax code(s) you are using are not exempt in one jurisdiction, but taxable in another (for example: exempt on the state level, but the city is taxable.)
- Verify you are using the correct address, and that you have looked up the tax rate associated with this address on the relevant state's website.
- If you have checked all of this, please provide documentation from the State regarding the rate and jurisdictions that should be applied to the state, and contact email@example.com. This can be forwarded to our Content team for review.