You need to change the frequency Avalara files sales tax for your company.
- You need to be a Company Admin or Account Admin to make these changes. All changes must be made the same month the change needs to take effect i.e. January's filing frequency changes must be made in January
- Go to the Avalara Admin Console Tax returns Tab > Manage Filing Calendar
- Under "Active Filing Calendar:" Click on the form name that needs to be updated
- Some State's forms change with frequency changes and will need to be expired and re-added with the new form
- Under "Filing Frequency" Change to desired frequency
- Select the "Effective Period" when the change takes effect
- Update any outdated information
- Click Save
Note: To have Avalara file returns for a previous period which were not filed, or filed inaccurately, please:
- Send a request for the previous periods, including the details of the specific state, original filing period (Ex: Jan - July 2013, or Q1 2012), and the specific company the return needs to be filed for, via email to your account manager
- We recommend that you analyze the transactions and reports in the admin console to confirm all needed transactions are in your account prior to making the request.